Wednesday 29 May 2013

Let's Go Retro!

I have a real love of car boot sales and charity shops, you never know what you're going to find. Last weekend I had a good haul. Saturday morning at the car boot provided me with a beautiful piece of screen printed fabric (1970s) and Sunday I was lucky enough to come across a 1970s floral tea tray and... some Mills and Boon books. Ok, I bought the books purely for the cover art work. I am trying to read one at the moment but I must admit I'm struggling. I love 1970s design and artwork but I don't like 1970s attitudes! Enough said. Mind you, I have got 3 books so maybe I'll try a different one and see how I get on. I wanted to like the story inside the book, I really did...

Stunning design, puts me in mind of the Biba fashion house

As you can see its a big piece of fabric!
I've not decided what I'm going to make with it yet
 
My lucky finds from the charity shop
 
Classic Mills and Boon cover art
I really should have removed price stickers before taking this photo!


No comments: